Ciprofloxacin is a 2nd generation fluoroquinolone antibiotic. Inhibits DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV enzyme in bacteria which causes stop to bacterial replication
Typhoid fever, Lower Respiratory tract infections, Urinary tract infections, Bone & Joint infections, Skin & skin structure infections, Intra abdominal infections, Infectious diarrhea etc.
Dosage & Administration:
Adult: Urinary Tract Infection: 200-750 mg b.i.d. 7-14 days. Respiratory Tract Infection: 500-750 mg b.i.d 7 to 14 days. Acute Sinusitis: 500 mg b.i.d. 10 Days. Infectious Diarrhea: 500 mg b.i.d. 5 to 7 Days. Typhoid Fever: 500 mg b.i.d. or XR 1 gm once daily 10 Days. Bone & Joint Infection: 500-750 mg b.i.d. 4-6 Weeks. Skin and Skin structure Infection: 500-750 mg b.i.d. 7-14 days. Gonorrhea: 250-500 mg once. Children: Child >2 years 5-15 mg/kg/day b.i.d for 5-10 days. For Chronic Urinary Tract Infection: Children (1 -17 years) 10-20 mg/kg/day b.i.d. 10-21 days.
Different Dosages from
- Ciprox 250 mg Tablet Price : Tk 256
- Ciprox 500 mg Tablet Price : Not available
- Ciprox 60 ml Powder for Suspension Price : Not available
- Ciprox 750 mg Tablet Price : Tk 300
- Ciprox IV 200 mg Infusion Price : Not available
- Ciprox XR 1000 mg Tablet Price : Tk 120
Other Brands From Same Therapeutic Class